One child is orphaned by HIV/AIDS every 14 seconds
15 million children have lost one or both of their parents to HIV/AIDS
A child-headed household of orphans that
OAA supports in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
OAA Educational Scholarships
- School Uniforms: $20.00 to $25.00
- School Fees: $10.00 to $15.00
- School Supplies (notebooks, pencils, etc.): $10.00
- School lunches: $30.00 to $45.00
- Books: $10.00
- Basic Health Care: $20.00 to $45.00
- Transportation to/from school (on an as needed basis)
OAA monitors and evaluates the progress and impact of our scholarships on the youths whom we sponsor to ensure that funds are appropriated as effectively as possible. The young people receiving OAA scholarships have been sought out by local educators, physicians, and village leaders who best understand which children affected by HIV/AIDS have the greatest needs in the community. OAA's local partners provide us with semi-annual reports that detail the educational progress and health of each young person.